Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

FIVE LITTLE RABBITS

Five little rabbits
climb through the warren door,
one hops off
then there were four.

Four little rabbits
hop round the mesquite tree,
one jumps away
then there were three.

Three little rabbits
hop in the morning dew,
one nibbles grass
then there were two.

Two  little rabbits
having so much fun
see a wild coyote,
off they run.

One  little rabbit
drinks from the pond, so blue,
he jumps over
to wish
HOPPY EASTER
to you.


     I hope you have a great day.  My husband is making hot cross buns for breakfast and we're eating outside because it is such a lovely day.  Your challenge for today is to write a poem about a rabbit.  Have a hopping good time.  I hope you're surrounded by lots of good eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment