Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, March 25, 2013

New Spring Bonnet

I'm wearing my new spring bonnet
There are pretty flowers on it.
I think it's lovely, if you please.
My only problem is the bees.



     Did you get any new clothes for Easter?  Did you enjoy the shopping, or not?  Will you hunt for eggs?  Will you dye eggs?  When I lived in England, the grocery stores only sold brown eggs.  I had to buy goose eggs to get white ones.  The children did not decorate Easter eggs.  I couldn't find dye packets and had to use food coloring.  The English children got chocolate eggs for their egg hunts (think Cadbury's). Can you write your own Easter poem today?  Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment