Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

DESERT THEATRE



ACT I  Scene 1

Setting:  A Tucson Backyard about an hour after sunrise

RABBIT

A Western Cottontail RABBIT enters and walk- hops to CENTER STAGE.

Pauses to nibble the fresh green leaves of Lantana.  His ears twitch.

He raises his head to look around.  EXITS stage right.

QUAIL
 
Enter two Gambel's QUAIL, who bobble-walk across stage and EXIT stage left.

White-winged DOVES sit in their balcony seats along the fence, observing.

And I, with my pen poised stand watching through the kitchen window wondering what ACT II will bring.


    I made up my own form for this poem.  It is written like a stage play.  I'm sure some poet before me has done this, actually many of Shakespeare's poems were written as plays. Now there is some good company to be in.  It just seemed like this morning the animals were putting on a production for me. I had so much fun watching.
   Your challenge for today is to take one of your old poems, or one of someone else or even write a new one and try it in a different form.  What ever you decided to write, do have fun playing with your poetry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment