Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, February 1, 2015

FIRE II

Fire warms
melts snow and ice
into streams and rushing rivers.

Fire crows
at dawn
Cock-a-Doodle-DOO.

Fire breathes
from the open mouth
of a dragon.

Fire counts
backwards, 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1.
LIFT OFF!

Fire darts
in tropical waters
the firefish swims.

   I'm still having fun playing with fire.  Once I get all of these gathered together, I'll have to figure a logic for ordering them.  Can you write a poem today about the sun?  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. I like that you remembered that fire can count backwards.

    I bet you're already thinking of creative ways to order these poems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that one a surprise? I had fun playing with the order and the line breaks on this one.

      Delete