Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

School for Chefs

Come meet a chef who
ogles his food.  He 
opens cans with his thumb and
knows nifty tricks for
icing cakes and 
never does he
go hungry.


       Can you read this poem in one breath?  Can you hear the marching rhythm?  I recently read African Acrostics by Avis Harley and it reminded me what a fun form acrostics can be.  I started this poem to spell "cook" because my husbands Cook's Illustrated magazine is sitting on the table, but as I wrote the poem, the four letters didn't let me tell enough of a story.  Now, I'm thinking this chef would make a great character for a picture book.  so have fun today taking words and trying to write your own acrostics--who know where the journey might take you.  Have fun.  Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment