Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

SUPER HERO

I wear a cape
where ever I go
and pretend that I'm
a super hero.

I run and I fly
and I do good deeds
I have everything
a super hero needs.

I have a compass
a clothes pin and string
a magnifying glass
and a decoding ring.

So if you want
to come play with me
put on your cape
and we'll climb a tree.


      I have a young friend who is at that stage where he always wants to wear a cape.  He likes to jump on the bed, and  the couch to pretend he is flying.  I remember when I wore a cape and pretended to be Superman.  I saved the box tops from the cereal and sent them in with my 25 cents for a red Superman belt.  Everyday I checked the mail waiting for the belt to arrive.  Did you ever wear a cape?

     Your challenge for today is to write a poem about a character you've imagined yourself to be.   I'm thinking this might be time for an acrostic.  Do have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I bet your Superman belt would be worth far more than a quarter now. I recall when our younger grandson wanted to wear his cape every evening at home. Good memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Linda, but didn't you want to wear a cape too?
    Even my play nurse's outfit had a cape with a big red cross on it. I had a Little Golden book, NURSE NANCY and a small medicine case to hold my candy pills, thermometer, stethoscope and syringe.

    ReplyDelete