Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

CANDY CORN



I'll eat just one piece,
then I'll have two.
I'll eat a whole handful
before I am through.

This handful I'll eat
top to bottom.
If I see candy corn
my mouth has got them.

I love the sweet taste
when I eat bottom to top.
The candy is so good

I just can't stop.


     Today is National Candy Corn Day.  (Almost as good as Chocolate Day, huh?)
This Halloween candy is over 100 years old.  Did you know it was first called chicken feed?  What do you want to go in your Halloween bag?  Can you write a poem ab out that today?  Have fun.

6 comments:

  1. Yep, you've written it true. I bought a bag for my newspaper crew, & sadly for me, they left some behind! "If I see candy corn
    my mouth has got them."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a whole newspaper crew? Now, that sounds like an interesting story. Hmmm, I wonder what a newspaper crew does for Halloween.

      Delete
  2. Mmmm.... Yes, I did buy candy corn this month. Kids not here, so just for myself pretty much! (Hubby is healthier than I am.)
    Do you also think of Rebecca (Kai Dotlich) with each little scoop? :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by for a visit, Robyn. I appreciate your leaving a comment. Sure wish I was there to share some candy corn with you. Did you go to Rebecca's recent Highlights Workshop?

      Delete
  3. Joy,
    Every year, I buy my niece her own personal bag for Trick-or-Treat. I will tell her I have chicken feed this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm thinking this chicken feed would be fun to feed children if you were teaching a farm unit with chickens and eggs. And, my newspaper says that candy corn is the new decorating theme for the year. They certainly are bright sunshine colors. Happy Halloween.

      Delete