Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Sandman

The sandman went out
on Halloween night.
The ghouls and ghosts
gave him a fright.
He dropped his bag
out of arms reach
and that's how we got
Miami Beach.

    You can fill in your favorite beach in the last line.  What makes a beach?  What can you do at the beach?  Would you like to write a beach poem today?  Have fun.

5 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Great job! I loved the surprise ending! This sounds like a legend. I bet you could write a whole book full or a whole month full. You're definitely going to meet your goal of month's worth of Halloween poems for October. I'm sure you meet most goals you set. Proud of you! Love you and your blog! Thank you for all you offer readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been having so much fun this month. I just wish I had more time to illustrate each poem.

      Delete
  2. Dear Joy,
    You are a fun poet! Thanks for sharing your writing skills and humor with us.

    Celebrate you today!
    Never Give Up
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joan. How is your writing coming along?

      Delete
  3. Ha! Nice twist, Joy!
    Are you going to write a month of gratitude for November or a month of holidays for December? Or are you going to take a break?

    ReplyDelete