Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, October 10, 2014

Do the Zombie Dance

Zombies rise from their graves.
They stroll in your nightmares.
They do a stiff-leg robot walk
which gives us all a scare.
Boo-ooo-ooo!


     Happy Poetry Friday.  I'm still working on poems from my Halloween word list.  Can you try writing your own zombie poem today?  What if your BFF (best friend forever) was a zombie?  Do zombies go to school?  Could your teacher be a zombie?  Have fun writing your poem.

    Today's Poetry Friday Roundup is hosted by Patricia Stohr-Hunt at her blog The Miss Rumphius Effect.  Just hop over there for lots more poetry fun.  Thanks for hosting us.

7 comments:

  1. It would be fun to have the students write zombie poems. Boo to you, too, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Have you ever noticed the difference between three and four year-olds in their treatment/reaction to scary things? Fun differences in their development.

      Delete
  2. I think zombies would have terrified me as a child - I was (still am) easily scared! Maybe I got stuck in the terrified threes and never made it to the ferocious fours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like perfect characteristics for a picture book writer to me. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Zombie doing the samba! Love the idea of "stiff-legs" dancing. = )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear Bridget, now you've got me saying Zombie Samba, Zombie Samba. My mouth is having so much fun saying this.
      I've got to write a poem titled Doing the Zombie Samba.

      Delete
  4. Yep. Zombies are still scary. I also like your monster's robotic walk!

    ReplyDelete