Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

WITCH'S BREW

A warty witch stirred
her cauldron pot.
Her brew was steamy.
Her brew was hot.

She took at taste,
said, "See what I got.
Two toads, three newts
and a snake in my pot.

"Come on now,
I'll give you a taste.
I don't want my stew
to go to waste."

   I wanted to draw a picture of a witch to go with this poem and I got to thinking what a witch would look like.  Witches can look like anything.  I must really give it a try.  So here is your prompt for today, can you write a poem about a witch?  Can you tell what she looks like?  Is your witch fat or thin?  Tall or short?  Stylish or old fashioned? Have fun writing your poem.

3 comments:

  1. Such a cute poem and perfect for October. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rosi, I'm already thinking of changing wicked to warty.
      Which do you prefer for the witch?

      Delete
    2. Thanks, but I'm not hungry. I'm munching on popcorn.

      Delete