Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Happy Birthday Peanuts

I wish I were Lucy
I would give you advice.
I'd only charge a nickel
Because I am so  nice.


On this day in 1950, Charles Schultz published the first panel of his long running popular comic strip Peanuts.  If you could be any character from any comic strip who would you be?  What would you do?  Have fun writing your poem today.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty ironic because Lucy is anything but nice! Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,
    I used to have a sweat shirt that I transferred a design on. It featured Lucy and her charge for counseling or advice. I became a school counselor later in my career. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, but Lucy thought she was very, very nice.

    ReplyDelete