Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

A LAZY LION

copyright Joy Acey 2016



A very lazy lion
slept in the sun.
He awoke one day
said, "This isn't fun!"

"All I do 
is sleep all day.
I need a friend
so we can play."

     So, who do you think the lion is going to find to be his friend?  Who is your best friend?  Can you write a poem about playing with your friend today?  What do you do together?  Or write who the lion will play with.  Have fun writing your poem.

Gather dandelions while you may.  Tomorrow their seeds may slip away.

No comments:

Post a Comment