Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

SAWDUST

As I drank
from the fountain
someone slapped my head.
It got my shirt wet.
He just laughed.

At lunch, someone
tried to step on my shoelace.
It caused me to stumble.
I almost spilled my tray.

Someone poked me in the ribs
with his elbow.
When teacher saw
he said, "Sorry, it was a mistake."

Someone stole my ink pen.
Someone called me Jap.
Yellow.
Pea brain.

All these things
could upset me,
but I won't let them
throw me
off my game.

I just think
they are 
sawdust.
I let the chaff
blow away.

    Have you ever been teased?  What did they do? Say? How did it feel?  Can you write a poem about your feelings today?

For me to live without hate is easy,
for I have never felt hate. 
To live without love
I think is impossible, happily impossible, 
for each one of us.
Jorge Luis Borges

3 comments:

  1. I liked the use of sawdust and brushing it off. It reminded me of the carpenter bees that are presently drilling holes in the cyprus siding on my mother's house. They leave mounds of sawdust. I hope that might even give you another great writing idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember those holes the carpenter bees make. I filled one with wood putty and felt very satisfied at beating the carpenter bee. The putty dries really hard so the bee can't drill in the same spot again. I wonder how the bee felt about that.

      Delete
  2. watch out beautiful and amazing site
    www.youngpoemsandstories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete