Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, April 9, 2016

THE OSTRICH

"I'll be your friend,"
the ostrich said.
"Come, let us go run."

"Nah!" said Lion
arching his back,
"for me that isn't fun."

     A Very Lazy Lion is still looking for a friend.  Ostrich has offered to be a friend, but it isn't good enough for Lion.  Have you ever tried to be someone's friend and been rejected?  How did you feel? Friends are people who like to do the same things we like to do.  What do you like to do? Can you think of one new thing to try today?  Can you write a poem about it?
     Have a great Saturday.
Sometimes it is better to walk than to run.


5 comments:

  1. Ha! I know a couple of folks -- including me -- who would agree with Lion. :) I do love walking... but running?? Nope. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Irene. This is the last you'll see of the Lazy Lion. He did find the perfect friend for him. Actually, in doing my research I was surprised to find that lions don't really like to run. They only do it in short bursts. They more often eat carrion, dead and injured animals and the left overs they take from other animals.

      Delete
  2. Ha! I know a couple of folks -- including me -- who would agree with Lion. :) I do love walking... but running?? Nope. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will lion find a friend just right for him? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Linda. Lion finds just the right friend for him. Even I was surprised who it turned out to be.

      Delete