Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, April 4, 2016

B is for Buffalo

A buffalo, I once knew
liked to chew and chew.
His bubble gum bubbles
he blew and blew.

Until one day

he caused a stir
when his bubble burst
and covered his fur.

His buffalo fur
was covered in pink,
but the worst part
was his sticky, sweet stink.

He took a bath
to scrape and scrub
but the buffalo fur
stuck to the tub.

   What are some of your favorite "B" words?  Can you write a poem today that includes the letter b?  Have fun writing.

Why go to a store when you can go to a museum?  David Sedaris

4 comments:

  1. Joy, this is great fun! I love this buffalo and his bubble gum experiences. He'd make an adorable picture book character who has more adventures to share. I can see him in a series. This is the Bubble Gum one. I hope you can visualize it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this could be fun. I'll have to put on my thinking cap and see if I can come up with a complete plot line. Thanks for the idea. I've got a lazy lion brewing right now.

      Delete
  2. Ouch! That would hurt! Poor little buffalo!

    Love your poetry!
    Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's not so little. He makes a HUGE mess when he fills up the bath tub.
      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment, Joan. I hope you have a happy Poetry Month.

      Delete