Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Manticore V







My manticore is a gho-che-at.
He has the head of a ghost,
the feet of a cheetah,
and the body of a very scared cat.

He runs fast outdoors
with his cheetah feet
hunting for fish and souls 
to eat.

He wears a Hawaiian lei
to say Aloha
every day.

  Who ever would have thought to put the head of a ghost on a manticore?  Only the children from Kapa'a Elementary School.  I think this came from the idea that a manticore is a mythical beast.  Isn't the creativity wonderful?  And then to follow through with the idea that a ghost eats souls.  Some thinking is going on.  Wonderful!  I've never had a manticore poem go in this direction before and I love it.  Bright and very creative.
   Can you try writing a manticore poem today?  Maybe you can get your friends to help by suggesting interesting shapes to patch together.  Don't forget to try to use your five senses when writing your poem. 

Seek new paths for your creativity.

2 comments:

  1. Very creative, Joy! Loved it. What a fun group of kids you got to write with. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Me too! I'm so happy living here and I'm learning so much. It is a fun time. Come visit me.

      Delete