Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Friday, September 30, 2011

Good to be Home

My Welsh Springer Spaniel
follows me from room to room
he circles like a cat
licks my ankles
bumps my thighs
he glares at me
waiting for a head scratch.

If I'd let him
he'd happily sit
in my lap.


He does not want
to let me go.
It takes a while
for him to do
his three turns,
and then plop belly down
to sleep on the rug
at my feet.

He shows me
he is happy
to have us all
home.

1 comment:

  1. I imagine you were as glad to get home as your dog was to see you. I liked the image of the dog circling like a cat.

    ReplyDelete