Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mr. Grasshopper

Mr. Grasshopper hopped,
                              hopped
                                 along his way.

He hopped,
         hopped by me
                  on my walk today.

He opened his wings

       And off he flew.

Good Bye, Mr. Grasshopper,

      And Good Bye to you.


      Did you meet someone today that you had to say good bye to?  Can you write your own poem about that?  Perhaps you'd like to try writing a Good Bye to Summer poem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment