Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

I HAVE A BUG!

My Tummy Hurts

With out a doubt,
it feels like
it wants to scream
and shout.

It feels like
things are
rumbling about.

I think
it wants
to throw
things out.

Oh, please!  Give me
a trash can.
Quick!

I think
I'm going
to be
SICK!

     Being sick is something we all know about.  Sooner or later a bug hits us all.  So today's challenge is to write a poem about being sick.  Can you try to use lots of senses?  Well, maybe you'll want to omit smell,  or maybe that is the whole point of your poem.  Have fun because being sick isn't much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment