Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

2012

Stars twinkle brightly.
The night sky shines clear,
as I think back
upon this year.

     I'm spending a little time today thinking about all the poems I've written this year.  Which poems are your favorites?  2012 has been a good year for my writing, but I know I can do even better in 2013.  I continue to grow and improve in my poetry writing.  For me, this is a large part of being a princess--working each day to grow and improve. 
    Thank you for sharing this journey with me.  I'll try to follow Will Roger's quotation--Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. But, I do need to look back on this year in order to plan for next year.  So your challenge for today is to make a list of the high points of your year.  Can you pick one of the items and write a poem about that?  Do have fun with your writing.

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    High points,
    Low points,
    Good points,
    and bad points.
    I'll analyze
    them all
    and grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    Thank you for sharing your poem. This is exactly how I feel. Isn't it wonderful how poetry can capture our feelings?

    ReplyDelete