Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, December 3, 2012

SCARVES



On Monday, I wore a yellow scarf
when I skipped off to school.

The green scarf I wore on Tuesday
made me feel too cool.

On Wednesday, I wore a red scarf
knotted in Scottish plaid.

On Thursday, I tied my gray scarf,
it was the warmest that I had.

Then on Friday,
I wore all the scarves home
trying not to look a fool.

The reason that I wore them all
is I'd left my scarves at school.


     Sometimes a scarf is called a muffler.  Can you guess why it got that name?  Do you wear scarves?  What is your favorite color?  Can you write a poem today that matches colors with days of the week?  Or maybe you'd like to try singing your favorite Christmas songs on each day of the week.  Whatever you decide to write about, have fun.  Did you know  poems make great holiday presents?


   Let's see if this link works. 

6 comments:

  1. Terrific! Loved the video. It "shows" the poem very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. I should give you credit for the idea. I did have fun with this even if my neighbor's blower showed up in the background noise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Joy,
    I loved seeing you read your "Scarves" poem and act it out, too. You are a jewel.

    Go, Joy, go.

    Never Give Up
    Joan Y. Edwards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Joan.
      You are the diamonds. Sure wish you had been here to play with me. Doing the videos is fun but takes a LOT of time.

      Delete
  4. Fun and sweet! I love your poems, Joy... they make me smile inside!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maureen,
      Thank you for a wonderful compliment. I love your blog postings too.

      Delete