Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Decisions

Pine trees whisper
while I give thought
to which is the best
on the Christmas tree lot.

It might be a balsam
or a Douglas fir
trying to decide--
my mind is in a whirr.

Finally, I see  one
that stands out from the rest.
This is my Christmas tree.
It is the best.


     I knocked at the door of my neighbors' house yesterday.  From the window I could see the beautiful 7 ft. tree in their living room.  Seeing the tree made me feel so cheerful and full of Christmas spirit.  It did make me feel so happy.  What makes you feel happy?  Reading a book?  Getting your homework done?  Doing a good deed?  Can you write a poem today about something happy?

                          cut Douglas fir tree
                          stands in the Christmas tree lot
                          a cardinal sings

2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    Frazer fir wins here, I believe, although mine is artifical and still in the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me laugh, Linda. Frazer firs are lovely. I wish I was there to help you open the box and decorate the tree. Send me a picture when you get your tree up.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete