Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Morning

On Christmas morning
while Mom and Dad sleep,
my sister and I
downstairs we creep.

We quietly race
to our Christmas tree
and are super surprised
by all we see.

Everything is here.
It's better than a dream.
We wake Mom and Dad
when Sis and I scream.

This is the BEST Christmas,
Mom and Dad.
I want you to know
you've made me so glad.

Everything is perfect.
Everything is right.
Even my cat and dog
today do not fight.


I hope the same thing
is happening at your place,
May our hearts all fill
with Christmas grace.

Merry Christmas.


     Thank you for finding the time to stop by.  I hope you can find a moment today to make notes about your best memory of this holiday season. Can you try to shape your notes into a poem?  Did you get a new journal for Christmas? 

4 comments:

  1. One memory is a friend whose children stole downstairs & opened many of the gifts before the parents got up! What a surprise for them! Happy Christmas, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy,

    Let's string a garland of lovely Christmas memories. 2012--the year my husband came home from the hospital on Christmas Eve. Sing praises@

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good with YOUR CHRISTMAS POEMS. ILY

    ReplyDelete