Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

MY SLED



To the top of the hill
my boots crunch the snow
then,
        one,
              two,
                     three.

I flop on my belly.
Down we go
W
   H
      E
         E
            E
               E!


 My sled and me.
  



     This poem is shaped so the reader can feel the movement of going down the hill.  But, once you've reached the bottom of the hill you need to go back up again.  So,then try reading the poem from the bottom up.  Does it work to take you back to the top of the hill?  For today's challenge you may want to do some research on reverso poetry, then have fun trying to write your own.  Marilyn Singer has a book of reverso poems titled MIRROR, MIRROR. 

2 comments:

  1. Linda,
    You made me laugh and gave me the idea for the Thursday poem. Thank you. I'm where the weather is 75 degrees during the day and 70 at night. Nice and warm in my shorts.

    ReplyDelete