Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Stretching

He said,
the universal
resolution
is to try
to stretch
more in 2013.

Said that
he'd bend
over and touch
his toes
each morning.

That he'd try
to make
his dollar
go even 
further.

And when
it came to
his writing,
he'd try to stretch
the time he had
for laying down
his words.


    What resolutions are you considering for the new year?  Can you make a list of your resolutions?  Please leave one of your resolutions in the comments below.

5 comments:

  1. Joy, I love this metaphor, to STRETCH more. In so many ways, it fits us. I think I'd like to stretch more in my writing, & hope that, like your final lines, I will be able to 'stretch the time in the laying down of words'. Thanks for the inspiration every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Yes, stretch, stretch, stretch. I look forward to reading more of your writing.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    I've vowed to stretch myself in my writing by redoing some old manuscripts. Some of those favorite parts are even coming out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Linda.
      Always have to ask--what can come out? Especially when writing for children.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Carol. I appreciate your comment. I always feel insecure about the muscle of my free verse poems.

    ReplyDelete