Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, December 17, 2012

HOLIDAY ENJOYMENT

Many friends
I see
Smooching and
Taking time for a
Little lip locking,
Everyone
Tries their hand in
Open holiday
Enjoyment.

     I had fun writing this acrostic for today.  Actually I started it yesterday while I was on an airplane.  I liked being able to use "lip locking" in a poem.  Can you write your own holiday acrostic?  It might be fun for you to put together a small collection of acrostics on a holiday theme.  Do you think the colors help this poem?  Would it have been as effective if I'd reversed the green and the red?  I don't think so.  The "appearance on the page" is something a poet considers when presenting a poem.  So, once you have written your poem, think about what the poem is going to look like as well as what it sounds like.  Have a great poetry day.

3 comments:

  1. Joy,
    It's a good time for holiday hugs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful way to help celebrate our greatest joy & treasures..the children of the world..
    Thank you...

    ReplyDelete