Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Happy Holidays

All day I work for Santa
checking all his lists
of the gifts for children,
so no one will be missed.

Maureen wants dolly,
and Billy wants a bike.
Santa even knows
the gifts that you would like.

 I hope you have been good
and work hard every day
so I can load your gifts
into Santa's sleigh.

     I hope you have a good Sunday.  I'm planning to go to a street fair today.  Today I made a list of holiday words to use in helping me write my poems this month.  For today's challenge can you make your own list?  Let me know how many holiday words you come up with.  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the street fair, Joy. I hope a poem tells us all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Linda. I hope you have a great Sunday too.

    ReplyDelete