Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

ALL ABOUT A


Asked Agnes, an alligator,
"Please fetch my afghan.
I am awfully cold and I am achy,
and my arthritis is acting up."

Asked Arthur, an armadillo,
"Can you get me an avocado?
I am ravenously hungry
and I want to eat."


Asked Andrew, and aerialist,
"Please hold my anchor line,
I want to aerobic dance
and I am afraid I may fall.
(from the high wire.)" 

Asked Alice an ant,
"Are you staying
for the picnic?
I want an ankle
and your's are
absolutely tasty."


   I'm just messing around today playing with the letter "A"   Do you want to play too?
I used asked for my dialog tag, but you could use announced.  Can you think of another "a" word to describe speech?  Then you will need a name that begins with "A" and an animal with an "a"  I haven't used them all.  What are some others you can think of?  Then what might be fetched?  Again it should be something (another noun) that starts with or has an "a" in it.  But if you are playing, go farther afield and change the lines.  Do have fun playing.  If you'd like to leave your creation in the comments, please do.  I'd love to read them.  
   Oh, these are going to be fun to make sketches for.  If you like to do math with your poetry, you can count the number of  a's in each poem.  Or get out your jump rope, these should be pretty easy to jump rope with.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joy,
    I went from an "M" (maiden name) to an "A." (married name). Observation: A's get called on first if no one volunteers.

    ReplyDelete