Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Is it going to rain?
The clouds are dark and gray.
It will be a pain.
I wish they'd go away.

I'd like to run and play.
I'd like to have some fun.
I'm hoping that this day
will clear and shine with sun.


     I hope the sun is shining where you are.  Are the birds singing?  Are any flowers blooming?  I sure wish you were here so we could share a cup of tea and poetry.  Have fun writing your own poem today.

4 comments:

  1. Joy,
    A cup of tea and poetry makes any day special. Wish I was there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love that cup of tea & to see the flowers blooming, Joy! Snow here & very cold! The best thing is that we need the moisture! Love the 'little kid' voice in your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is cute. Linda's right. It has a 'little kid' voice. I would love some clouds and rain. We are in the worst drought in a very long time. Odd weather patterns in the US this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. Did you notice the rhyming pattern on this one? This pattern can continue chaining for as long as you want to make your poem.

    ReplyDelete