Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dream Poem


There is a river
I skate upon
in my dreams
from dusk until dawn.

Oh the adventures,
skating near and far
and when I'm tired
I rest on a star.




    What do you dream about? Your dreams can take you anywhere.  Can you write your own dream poem today?  Make it fun.

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Joy! I will try one today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Becky. Yes, do have fun writing and I hope you'll share your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tried twice today to post, but my comments seem to disappear. I think your poem is lovely. I have a dream poem I'm working on polishing, but am reluctant to post it on line. I wonder if that hurts my chances of placing that poem for publication later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosi, Sorry you've had trouble posting. Yes, I understand your concern. Is a blog post considered "published," or not? That is the reason you see a lot of my draft poems and I can always remove poems from my blog if I sell them somewhere else. I always feel that there are a lot more poems to come so I don't need to hold tightly to them.

      Delete