Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, February 9, 2014

On winter days
when the wind is blowy
and cloudy sunshine 
makes the landscape shadowy.

I watch the willow
be all billowy
and wonder if 
it will be snowy.

I imagine my dear friend Chloe
dancing with an Australian joey
singing and hopping
being all showy.

I think I'd surely like to know
what sort of things you would do
if you had a pet Australian joey
and you could play with a kangaroo?


    Happy Sunday.  If you could have any animal for a pet, what would you like?  Can you write a poem about that?  Have fun writing.

1 comment:

  1. Caught up with ones I had missed. Like your last ones.. ALL of them .. Ily. Cloey

    ReplyDelete