Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

WINTER MOON

Cream sickle, dream sickle,
wintertime moon,
you rise too late
and set too soon.



     My friend Rosi wrote a haiku in response to my poem SNOW MOON.  It got me to thinking about other phases of the moon and how I like to sleep more in the winter.  Have you written a poem about the moon?  The moon currently is waning, so it soon will be sickle shaped.  Did you know that Sickle also refers to a group of six stars in the constellation Leo?  Have fun writing your own poem today.
     And yes, I was also thinking about food--Creamsicles.

3 comments:

  1. Love those creamsicles, Joy. And this poem too, great rhythm. I love all the moon poems on David's blog this month! You should post this one. I managed a neat pic of the moon last night. Had an early drive with family to the airport & when I returned, there it was, blooming in the sky (about 5:15 this am).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion, Linda. Crazy how the mind plays tricks on me. I had forgotten totally that this month's word on David Harrison's blog was MOON, but still I've written several poems with moon in them this month. I'll have to thank David too.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad my haiku got you thinking about the moon. I love your Cream sickle, Dream sickle poem. Your mention of the sickle moon inspired me.

    Sickle Moon

    Crooked grin in the night sky,
    are you the Cheshire Cat
    or a waxing crescent moon
    teasing the stars to twinkle?

    ReplyDelete