Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

LET'S TRY B

Betty, a blue bottle rocket,
buzzed through the bluebells.
"Bring me some buttons
and a blanket for my bed."

Barney, a boxer,
begged of his buddies,
"Bring me a bone
or a biscuit to eat."

Bertha, a brown bear,
bragged to her babies,
"I'll eat more bean burritos
than that big blue buffalo."

    I did have fun trying to think of vocalizations that started with the letter B. I didn't use barked, brayed, bawled, or blubbered.  So now it is your turn, can you write your own poem today with lots of B's?
    Did you know that a bottle rocket is a dragonfly?  These are all tongue twisters.  I think National Tongue twister Day falls in February, I'll have to check when that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment