Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, February 15, 2014

EARTH WORM

An earth worm
hides below,
eating dirt,
moving slow.

Watch him wiggle.
Watch him grin.
Hiding out from
that robin.


     I've been reading Julia Donaldson's picture book, SUPERWORM, illustrated by Axel Scheffler, (2012, Arthur A. Levine Books, An imprint of Scholastic Inc.) and it got me to thinking about earth worms.  
     Here is your poetry challenge for today: write a poem about something you might find underground.  Have fun writing.

1 comment: