Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Writing Habit

I want pencils.
I want pens.
I like to write
about my yens.

Give me an eraser
to cover my mistakes.
I love poetry
and the feelings it makes.


     Can you write a poem about something you like or want?  Have fun writing.

3 comments:

  1. Ha! I think I might have too many pens, Joy! This is truly "your" poem, isn't it? I know you love poetry! Thank you for the beautiful card with the yellow bird & sweet poetic note! Perhaps we're starting a trend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a beautiful black chin hummingbird this morning and I thought of you. I hope you're keeping warm. It is supposed to reach 90 degrees this weekend.
      My poor son in Chapel Hill send me pictures of all their snow. The University is closed and he has been playing in the snow with his dog Tuxedo--can you guess wht the dog looks like?

      Delete
  2. Hmmmm. I think you could probably spend it all at an office supply store. That's me. I shouldn't be allowed near one. Cute poem.

    ReplyDelete