Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

February

I have a friend
named Rosemary.
Her birthday is
in February.

Then there's Lincoln
and Washington,
don't forget Valentines
for a month of fun.

The second of this month
is Groundhog Day,
and don't forget 
the birth of
Susan B. Anthony.

So, I send
some cheer your way
and say, Yahoo! 
It's February.


     Happy New Month.  What is your favorite day of this month?  Can you write a poem about that?  Have a great weekend writing.

  To find out about more exciting days in February, you might want to visit my friend Linda Andersen's blog,
A Writer's Playground.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,

    February is a LOVEly month. Get it? Thanks for suggesting that readers check out my blog post for this month. I appreciate that very much.

    I don't think the groundhog got his due this year. Super Bowl overpowered him. Ground Hog Day is a fun tradition. I always check for his prediction. I hope he's wrong this year!

    ReplyDelete