Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, February 23, 2014

haiku



Little milkweed bugs
rest upon a burst seed pod--
beginnings and end



Daffodils blooming
yellow and gold profusion--
their trumpets blaring


     It is a quiet day at my house.  I had a chance to take a walk, and in addition to lots of golf balls (I felt like I was on an Easter egg hunt) I found daffodils and milkweed bugs.  My field guide says the Latin is, Lygaeus kalmii, and they are from the "True Bug Order."  
   
Can you find a moment to write your own haiku today?  What about nature do you notice?  Have fun writing.

1 comment:

  1. Joy,
    I love the beauty of daffodils but the milkweed bug poem and photo held a deeper beauty somehow. I especially liked the ending of your poem. Perfect for spring's arrival. Well done!

    ReplyDelete