Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

TIME

What time is it?
My clock is late.
It says six
but I know it's eight.
Maybe it's nine
or possibly ten.
I think it needs
a battery again.


     Do you have a favorite time a day?  A time when you feel more active and alive?  Is it morning or night?  Can you write a poem about a special time?
Have fun writing.

8 comments:

  1. So fun, Joy. What drives me nuts is my microwave & stove are always out of sync-one loses time, etc. I like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gracious, yes. Coordinating all the clocks in a house is a difficult task. I'm just glad that my cell phone automatically changes time zones for me.

      Delete
  2. Joy,
    We have a clock like this in my adult Sunday School class. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now there is a poem--the Sunday School clock.

      Delete
  3. That's really cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete