Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Turtle's and Mink's Conversation.

"What do you think?"
asked the mink,
"Would you like
some cocoa to drink?"

"Oh my dear,
I think it's clear,
that water
from the sink,
would make
a better drink
for a mink,"
said turtle.


   Quick, name two animals.  Now write a conversation between the two.  What would a cat say to the cow?  What would a pig say to the hummingbird?  What would Charlotte say to Wilbur?  

"Who-who,"
said the Owl.
"I think it's true,
that the night
brings a moon
to me and to you."

"Oh, no,"
said the snake.
"You've made 
 a mistake.
That light you  see
is a flashlight, tee-hee."

    Have fun creating your own poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment