Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, September 21, 2015

CLEAN HANDS WEEK

After I've been
outside to play
I turn on the faucet
and this I say:
Wash, wash
my hands in the sink
a good idea,
don't you think?

  Louis Pasteur, the scientist who invented the process for pasteurizing milk, was one of the first scientists urging physicians to wash their hands.  A lot of germs, bacteria and other nasty stuff can be washed away with water to keep us healthy.  Washing your hands before you eat is especially important.  Can you try writing your own health related poem today?  Have fun and keep healthy.  What better way to celebrate Clean Hands Week?

Poetry is my response to life. 

1 comment: