Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

SWEET DREAMS

I'm tired.
I'm sleepy.
I'm going to bed,
so ideas 
I'm thinking
can swim
in my head.

 Do you work out problems while you sleep? I often do.  If I'm having a problem with a story I'm writing, I frequently think through the problem while I sleep.  Or, just before I go to sleep, I think of all the things I need to do the next day.  While I'm sleeping my brain orders and simplifies all the tasks and in the morning my list seems much easier to get through. Did you dream last night?  Your challenge for today is to write a dream poem.  It doesn't have to be logical, but use good details.  This is your dream so you can make it anything you want. Have fun writing.
     

Today I can create an awesome day for myself because I am the director of my life.


2 comments:

  1. Joy,
    I hope your ideas float in your head. Swimming the breast stroke could wear out the best of ideas! ;)

    ReplyDelete