Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Monday, September 28, 2015

TIME

copyright 2015, Joy Acey


Where does time go?
How does it fly?
I thought it was yesterday
but a month
has gone by.

     Yes, how does time fly?  Have you been having a busy month?  Can you believe it is almost October?  I spent the weekend in Las Vegas at the Andalusian World Cup horse show.  I got to see hundreds of gorgeous horses perform, and I learned a lot about the horses' different gaits.  I had a great time, but I didn't work on my poetry while I was gone, so I owe you many poems for this month.  Have you been working on your writing?  Can you write a poem today about something you've done this month?  Did you watch the lunar eclipse last night?  Enjoy your writing.

   Love is the most powerful force in the universe.  I am blessed every time I show myself and others love.

5 comments:

  1. Joy,
    You don't owe us. We thank you for your faithful posts! I'd love to hear 25 kids answer your question: "Where does time go?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. And I would also like to hear how time flies for them.

      Delete
  2. Time goes into a bottomless pit.
    It waits for fun and shouts with wit.
    It curls up with a blanket in front of a warm fire.
    It waits to fulfill our every desire!


    Glad you got to go to the horse show! Love you picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Can I ever relate to this. I have had such a month. I signed up for Susanna Leonard Hill's wonderful picture book class and so many things got in the way. I was sure September would be a good month to do it. I am still working my way through everything and the class is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so sorry that you weren't able to take full advantage of this wonderful opportunity. I keep looking at the on-line classes and wonder if I have time. I've signed up for two art classes that start next week. I hope I'll be able to keep up with that. What ever you do, don't beat yourself up for being busy. All things in good time.

      Delete