Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

PETE, MY PARAKEET

I have a pet parakeet
and I named him Pistol Pete.
The bird sings tweet, tweet, tweet
to everyone that he meets.
Whenever I come around
Pete is perching
upside down.

3 comments:

  1. Pete seems like a pistol. Are you focusing on a pet collection? You know I like your collections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Linda. What fun. I just get stuck for topics for poems occasionally and when I start on a topic, say pets, my little brain tries to tease other poems out on the same topic.

      Delete