Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Love to Eat

Thanksgiving is my favorite time of year.
My family gathers for good cheer.
I eat the turkey and the pies
the stuffing, the yams,
and the vegetable surprise.
Like the potatoes
and stewed tomatoes.
Love the jellies
and crushed cranberries.
Fruit salad and jello molds,
cornbread and hot dinner rolls.
I eat and eat, more than enough--
the turkey isn't the only one
 stuffed.

     Every year my husband makes our turkey dinner from the recipes in Bon Appetite magazine.  Over the years, I've had some amazing meals.  This year he is making a cauliflower dish that calls for pomegranate seeds and mint in it.  I'm waiting to see that one, I think it will look like a Christmas package with snow white cauliflower and the red and green little bits.  So today's poem is a  list poem of all the foods I eat for Thanksgiving dinner.  Perhaps you'd like to write your own list poem of all the people that are going to sit at the table with you for turkey day dinner.  Have fun shaping your poem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment