Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Under the Covers

This poem is for children's writer Stephanie Greene who supplied the inspiration.

Shhhhhhhhhhh!
Don't make a noise.
Don't make a peep.
The rest of the house
is trying to sleep.

While I'm under the covers
with my flashlight,
I'm reading a book
through half of the night.

      Stephanie Greene has a blog, flashlightunderthecovers.blogspot.com which I enjoy reading.  I bet you'd enjoy reading the books she has written.  Perhaps you'll read one of her books in bed.   Have you ever taken a flashlight and read a book under the covers so no one would know you were awake reading after bedtime?  I certainly did--a lot.  Do you have a ritual you go through to get ready for bed?  Do you brush your teeth?  Do you pack your backpack, or set out your clothes for the next day?  Try writing a poem about going to bed.  Have fun.

2 comments: