Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Raindrops

It is raining
pitter-pat.
Raindrops fall
on this and that.

Falling on roof and tree
hills,  ocean and the sea.
Falling on umbrellas and rain coats
automobiles and on boats.

Falling on horse and sheep
and on little frogs that sing
peep, peep.

Rain is falling
here and there,
rain is falling
everywhere.

      It is a great rainy day.  I used to hate rainy days, because I love sunshine.  But then I had a friend, Bill Hooks who said, "Isn't it a great day for writing?"  so I started to love rainy days.  This might be a good day to write a form poem, or try one on sunshine or rain.  Or, if you'd like add a verse to my poem.  what else is getting wet in the rain?  Have a great rainy day and enjoy writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment