Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Fairy in the Garden

There is a faerie in the garden
I can here her sweet voice sing
as she dines on tea and honey cakes
and juggles small gold rings.

     Today is the birthday of Hans Christian Andersen and so I wanted to write about faeries today.  If you had a faerie in your garden, what would she do?  Can you write your own faerie poem today?  Have fun writing.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful, now for a little sketch! My 2 1/2 year old granddaughter looked for leprechans for days after coming home from school on St. Patrick's Day. Evidently they were taught to look for them under buses, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. Did you help her look? Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete