Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

haiku

Paloverde trees
in high winds drop their flowers
hummingbird flutters



The winds have been blowing and the trees look like they are caught in a washing machine with the branches swirling in all directions.  The winds are really strong and the little hummingbird who came to my feeder had the hardest time hovering to get a drink.  But once I wrote that "hummingbird flutters" it made me think of the butterfly effect.  Haiku and poetry can do that--make you think of things differently.
What will you write your poem about today?  Have fun writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment