Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Friend

To be a friend
is sometimes hard.
You may not know
what to say.

You can share
your toys and dolls
when your friend
comes to play.

But sharing isn't
all it takes.
And it isn't all
play time too.

Being a friend
takes lots of caring
and lots of wondering
what to do.


    Are you a good friend? What are the characteristics you look for in a friend? Can you write a poem about the things you like to do with your friends?  How about a poem titled, What Makes a Friend?  Have fun writing.  Can you share your poem with a friend?

1 comment:

  1. Friendship is a great topic for a poem. I don't remember see very many friendship poems. Yours is a nice one. Maybe I'll try my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete