Welcome

This is my playground for poetry written for children with ideas and inspiration for writing your own poems. Come on in. Sit for a spell, have a cup of words to swirl around and make your own cup of poetry. I'm so glad you are here. I hope you'll find the Kingdom of Poetry a fun place to be.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Apology Poem #4

     OK, today I'm trying something new.  I'm trying to add pictures I've drawn to the poems.  I'm not so sure how well this works, but I thought it was worth a try.  Would you like to try making a picture to illustrate your poem today?  Go ahead, give it a try.  Stick figures are quite alright.  Just have fun.

Here is the poem:




Apology IV

To my teacher, Mr. Muldoon,
I'm sorry I was smoking
in the boys' bathroom.
Smoking really isn't so hot.
I'm sorry that I got caught.
Try it again, I will NOT.
Your student,
David Scott.

And I guess I should apologize to my friend David Scott for using his name.  He definitely is not a smoker. He's a highly respected research scientist.  (Sorry David, but I did have fun writing this one.)

2 comments:

  1. Joy,

    You're so talented. Would you post this one to the listserv to show the addition of art to your poetry? PLEASE! Your art is terrific as well as your poetry.

    I think you could do a daily column for a newspaper with a poem and drawing instead of their expected comic. Have you ever checked into doing something like that? I don't know if it's ever done. I just think it's worth checking into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'll post on the SCBWICarolinas list serve.
    I don't think I have the energy for a daily cartoon and poem, but maybe I can try for weekly and see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete